How late can you cancel a flight WestJet?
Booked a flight with WestJet, but your plans require you to cancel it, and now you have a ton of questions like how and when to cancel a reservation and what are the ways to cancel a flight. The airline cancelation policy plays a crucial role if you are looking for the answers. You can take advantage of the policy and make the situation favorable to yourself. Thus, saving effort and money. Below, you will find the policy in detail, along with the procedure you have to follow to cancel a flight booking.
The process to cancel a flight
- You have to open the page westjet airlines official website
- Then go to "Manage trips," then "Manage flights"
- Enter the reservation code and the last name and click "search"
- Select the booking and click "Cancel flight"
- You will get an email from the airline with all the details, along with an update on the refund.
You can use the steps above to cancel a flight easily. However, if you need more assistance, keeping in line with the westjet airlines cancellation policy, you can call the official number 1 888 937 8538 to connect with a representative and get guidance. You must keep the relevant documents handy as the agent will require the booking details.
A substitute for using the official website to cancel the flight is by visiting the airline ticket counter at the airport and speaking with an agent. The agent will cancel the flight for you and inform you about the refund. An email with the details will be dispatched.
Now that you know about the can cancellation process, you can check for the eligibility criteria by reading through the policy listed below.
WestJet Cancelation policy:
- Within 24 hours of booking, flight cancelations are free of cost, given the departure date is a week away. After 24 hours, a cancelation fee will be charged.
- Depending on the destination, route, and departure date, a cancelation fee will be subtracted from the refund.
- You can request cancelation only up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- Cancelation charges start from 100 CAD and can go up to 700 CAD.
- If a flight is canceled due to operational or weather issues out of the airline's control, you will get a full refund.
- If you cancel flight due to severe sickness, or the death of a passenger or a family member, you have to provide the documentation, and you will get fully refunded.
- Flights canceled due to delays of more than 3 hours make the passengers eligible to get fully refunded as per the westjet airlines refund policy or choose an alternate flight.
- In case the airline canceled the flight and you were moved to a higher class on the alternate flight, you will not have to pay for it.
- If you cancel a non-refundable ticket, you will not get a refund, but you may get a travel credit that can be used for a future booking, depending on the fare rules.
The information here will be useful to know about the cancelation policy at WestJet. for any other travel-related query or to get the guidance, you must call the westjet airlines contact number or use the official website to get to the solutions.